We all know that wheels take a beating! Especially on our lovely UK roads! We want to help you look after your K1 wheels for years and years to come. So we offer a speedy Collect/Service/Return process.
PLEASE NOTE THIS SERVICE IS AVAILABLE ONLY FOR KINETIC-ONE WHEELS PURCHASED FROM US. IT IS A COURTESY SERVICE TO OUR CUSTOMERS!
Ideal if you need to replace broken spokes or a freehub, or you've hit a pothole and your buckled wheel needs truing, or indeed if you just want to know that your wheels are running properly. (Please note if you have broken spokes or need replacement bearings this service includes labour to repair up to 2 spokes in total and the labour to replace bearings in one wheelset),
We do recommend that your wheels are serviced annually - either a specific wheel service or as part of your routine bike service.
How does it work?
- Book and pay for the service online. It's a single price for servicing and all repair works - to keep it simple!
- And the price is the same for one wheel or two so you might as well send both!
- We will then contact you to find out what work you require doing to your wheel(s) and what address to collect your wheels from. You can of course drop the wheels off with us in person (choose collection in person at checkout if you want to do this).
- we arrange for a courier to collect them from you on an agreed day.
- We then send you mailing labels and you pack the wheels nicely for us to be collected by the courier and then we do the rest.
- We get your wheels into our workshop and carry out a full range of checks to your wheels: hubs, freehub, bearings, axles, spokes, nipples, rim wear etc (up to 2 spoke repairs included within the price) . We will also check and correct your wheels for true, round, and spoke tension.
- If you need any parts replacing, such as spokes or bearings or if you need a new freehub etc (including changing to an 11 speed freehub on some of our higher end model), or you want new decals applying - then we can do this whilst we are servicing your wheels. There is no additional labour charge - you simply pay for the parts you need and we will tell you the price before carrying out any work
- As an indicator: new spokes are about £2 each, bearings £25-£35 , freehub £40-£60, Decal sets around £28 - and exact prices depend on which wheelset you own.
Shipping charges / Timescales
Please note that when you checkout you will be asked to choose and buy a delivery option (Express/Priority/Standard/Economy) This may look a bit pricey but please remember that it includes shipping BOTH ways by your chosen option. Please also note that the cost will vary if you are in a remote area - we will contact you if the couriers class you as being in a remote area! )
If you want to drop the wheels off with us and to collect them when the work is complete choose "collection in person" from the delivery options menu at checkout.
The indicated shipping times are the times it will take the courier to deliver the wheels to us, usually it will take us a few days max to get your wheels serviced and or repaired and then return shipping will be by the same service as you chose at checkout (Express/Priority/Standard/Economy).
As a guide: If you need your wheels in a hurry choose express delivery and you will normally be looking at about a week from the wheels leaving you to getting them back.
WE CAN ONLY REALLY OFFER THIS SERVICE TO UK MAINLAND CUSTOMERS - YOU CAN CHOOSE TO USE IT IF YOU ARE BASED ELSEWHERE .. BUT BEAR IN MIND THAT THE SHIPPING COSTS CAN GET A BIT CRAZY!